Project-Specific Privacy Documentation
Who are we?
What do we collect?
RSG will need to collect and use certain personal information from you, including:
- Travel information – for example trips you make, location information, travel time, and travel mode.
- Demographics – for example, age and income to ensure that the study sample reflects the population of the study region.
- Contact information – for example, an email address or phone number for the purposes of sending survey reminders and distributing gift cards.
We may also collect information about your internet browser and computer settings to make your study experience more pleasant.
How are we using this data?
RSG and PSRC will use your data to:
- Understand day-to-day travel across the Puget Sound Region
- Help local and regional planning agencies prioritize transportation and land-use improvements that best fit regional needs
- Contact you to provide an incentive for completion (if applicable)
- Contact you for future transportation research (if applicable)
- Contact you about the status of your surveys
- Provide support, if requested
- Optimize your study experience
Whom do we share this data with?
RSG will share your data with:
- The Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC)
- A survey panel to distribute emails for this study (if applicable)
- An email automation service provider to issue emails for this study
- A call center to conduct study support phone calls
- A printing firm to print and mail study materials
- A gift card vendor to issue study completion gift cards
Can you change your mind?
Yes. You may remove your consent or exercise your data rights by submitting a Data Privacy Request through our secure system.
Your participation is voluntary.
The parties above agree that the participants in each project are volunteers, offering their participation freely, without pressure or coercion, and without promise or expectation of compensation from RSG.
Do Not Sell